Staff Editorial: GRP Changes

Kieran Bradley, Staff Writer
March 9, 2012
Filed under Opinions

To all seniors at LHS, the GRP is the capstone to their final year at high school. Once the yearlong project comes to a close they all know that the end of their year is near.

In the past, the GRP has been relatively consistent. Only minor changes here and there have been added to better the project. But, this year there is talk of big changes to come. The project is five years old and since the beginning, it has been complained about by both students and parents.

Yes, there will be changes. There are always changes, but complaining about them will not get rid of the project. The whole GRP was designed to help students and prepare them for what they will face in college and the real world. It is not a perfect system and all of the teachers will agree with that, but that is the whole reason that changes are made every year. If something does not work one year, then it will be changed the next in hopes to improve the project.

Though there is talk of GRP changes for the year to come the project itself will not be going away. Who knows, maybe there will be no actual project portion to the GRP? Perhaps there will be. There will be a senior project regardless of kicking and screaming. The structure of the GRP is to help, take it in stride, as the duty of being a student use it as a tool; it is an opportunity at our school that many others will never receive.

Comments

"The Pawprint" intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. "The Pawprint" does not allow anonymous comments, and "The Pawprint" requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

One Response to “Staff Editorial: GRP Changes”

1. Josh Agnew on March 11th, 2012 4:00 pm

You know, instead of spending excessive money on a football stadium that no one can even set foot on unless it’s a football game, we should’ve spent money on a very small campus complex that could have been used to ACTUALLY prepare us for college. yeah sure, doing the GRP will help us SOME, but what about the fact that you have to walk across a campus, rain shine snow sleet hail or hurricane, to show up to a class setting that is more like college where you have a teacher who will speak in front of large classes. You can’t just prepare a pilot how to use the intercom on a 747 and not teach them how to fly. Besides, if the school would’ve done something like this, we would already have a year or two worth of “college” under our belts to make us hardened veteran students as freshmen in college.

[Reply]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!