Select Choir performs at two colleges

choir pic2

Photo Credit: Jaden Scott

The LHS choir prepares for upcoming performances.

Matthew Parodi, Staff Writer
March 9, 2012
Filed under News

Select choir represented LHS on Mar. 4 at the University of Northwest Missouri State (NWMS) in Maryville. On Mar. 6, select choir also preformed at Wichita State University (WSU).

At WSU the LHS select choir worked with the one of the directors at the college, Dr. John Paul Johnson.

“It was more of a step toward contest,” Josh Staab, senior, said “It was nice working with other directors to get different perspectives.”

Although neither of these presentations were competitions, the select choir treated them as such.

“It seemed like we did much better [when presenting] than in rehearsals.” Staab said.

When the select choir was at Wichita State, they were one of six choirs there.

“It was nice to see how we did up against the other schools. I felt like we preformed at a higher level than the vast majority of them [choirs]” Andrew Yach, senior, said.

With a three hour drive to WSU, persistence gained a new definition. It was also a three hour drive to NWMS.

“We took it like a performance” Amelia Baumgardner, sophomore, said. “It wasn’t technically a competition.”

The select choir considered their performances a success. These performances helped them prepare for their Regional Contest on Apr. 14.

Comments

"The Pawprint" intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. "The Pawprint" does not allow anonymous comments, and "The Pawprint" requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!